View Single Post
Old 09-09-2003, 10:55 AM   #11
geof

Patrick...I have always blown the truck down everynite to drain the moisture out of the system/dryer....It takes 2 minuites to blow down/blow up and do a walk around the truck at nite and in the morning before going over-the-road the next day.I do it as part of my pre/post check along with making sure my wheels are choked front and rear. It also gives me time to check tires and for any liquid leaks or lite bulbs out....I got used to it when I drove over the road in the 70's and the 80's....now I do it automatically/by habbit/obsessionly... One thing you guys need to do is check those compartments doors to make sure they are closed/locked properly....I looked at a Kingsly yesterday and one compartment door was not closed properly....Our new village Firetruck has a alarm/lite warning system so all compartments must be shut and locked when moving the truck....It is made by using magnetic contacts off a bugler alarm system and very effecive as a truck driver[engineer] can't do a walk-a-round before heading off to a fire.....also helps to indicate that all the doors/personel/equipment are aboard as the driver checking all that is almost impossible because of the noise of the electronic radio noise /Q-"SCI-REEN" and air horns....might be a thing you guys might want to install on your larger motorhomes to monitor your kids/wife safety and to check if doors are ajar or windows open....and also to supprise anyone that your dog doesn't hear when camping...after all not everyone is honest/trustworthy as we are.....as yes before you all ask-"I'm packing" for my protection-I heard of a guy fending off a black bear attack with a marine flare pistol.....FWIW.....geof-near Cincinnati
geof is offline   Reply With Quote