View Single Post
Old 09-19-2005, 03:59 PM   #6
Hancock Racing

Vern,

I have heard the same thing from a number of people. I really hate to have the name removed, as I think I have about $1k in the truck, and trailer. I do not have a business license in the name of Hancock Racing, and the Toterhome is lettered Private Transport Not For Hire on both sides, but not the trailer. I had the truck and trailer lettered as you could faintly see the old lettering from when the trailer was a team Budweiser trailer.

I will go to the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration website and see if I can download a copy of the 49 CFR 309.3(f)(3) and its interpretations.

As far as operating the rig in NY, that is further than we will be traveling. Most of our races will be within a few hundred miles. All winnings are going to be equally divided and will be donated to the Make a Wish Foundation, Life Link of GA, as well as The Eye Bank of Georgia, so we are basically not-for-profit.

We only do the racing as a hobby and don't try to make any ROI in this area. We don't write any of this equipment off, and all are personally registered and insured in my name, and not in Hancock Racing.

I do see where it could be considered a business if lettered that way, so I will be removing the lettering on both the truck, and trailer.
4.91 / 8.00

Real Outlaw drag racers refuse to use wheelie bars

Some just say we are plain CRAZY!

Hancock Racing is offline   Reply With Quote