View Single Post
Old 04-10-2003, 09:39 PM   #16
geof

Larry:...My options so far are: [1]. A new Showhauler on a used tractor=$90,000 [2.] A new 30' Showhauler in a slightly used [8900mi] car racing family's Sterling/Caterpillar/Autos-shift $132,000 [3] A new Freightliner on a Showhauler for $140,000 [4]. A new Classic 32' car hauler tripple axel for $12,500 with a professional built interior for $15,000 more....which can be towed with my roll-off wrecker at 65'[ug].... 5.A used 610 Volvo RED/BLACK w Black interior with a NEW! N-14 engine with warranty for $31,000.{Uglyest Truck I've seen in my whole life!}......While there is no hurry-Showhauler slot is Oct. 1st for me to deliver a used/new tractor to......I'm rebuilding a 27' Airsteam to learn about motorhome/trailer construction-which at best, a Joke!.....most of the stuff I see is crap-cheap crap...and Airstream is the top of the line!....give you an example if insulated properly you only need 5000btu furnace and the smallest A/C you could buy...maybe 4500btu?.....I have the HVAC down to such small values that's it's hard to figure on paper much less modify on the trailer....The only thing I really need to do is do some camping/trailering to see if I can be confortable....having been a Holiday Inn regular for many years I have to see if I can accumulate to a trailer/motorhome-I haven't been camping in 35 years-maybe longer-I've forgotten....anyway that is where I am now...geof
geof is offline   Reply With Quote