View Single Post
Old 11-24-2005, 02:46 PM   #18
fastlap

The engineer stated that on a flat bed the dual controls work fine , but on a tall truck while leaving from a long fast turn to oppisite turn or too a offcamber straight that you would have negative rear steer as well as cg inbalance!
He said the valves would have to be dampened so much that they would not match anyways !
HIM NOT ME !! I just want my dam truck level and its driving me nuts !
I have a pair of new front springs here on the floor from TRW and I am waiting on a complete set of hangers from volvo!
The new front springs are 2 leaf instead of 3 , and they have 9/16 less arch and are 1/2" less total thickness with the same wt# carrying !
I will put these in tomorow I hope, and see where that gets me!
Hopefully this will help to raise the rear a little more but I think I will ultimately need to add blocks or caster wedges under the Z springs or torque links to get where I need to be!
One thing very interesting the hendrickson engineer said was that if they had a 12350lb front axel then that is what they wanted on it at all times ! He did not like mine only having 10200lbs on the front ! ( I thought I was doin good ) he sez add ballast right to the maximum ! thanks T
fastlap is offline   Reply With Quote