View Single Post
Old 02-26-2005, 06:17 AM   #15
rjdhomes

Geof, WERA's coach is a good example of pricing for a used coach and how much you would expect to pay. If he were to tell us how much he paid and how much he is selling for- those are the numbers that would help Matt. I just delivered a 2005 30' coach on a tandem axle Columbia this morning. This person paid $167,000, if he were to drive 15,000 miles in one year and sold it for $150,000- whoever bought it would get a steal in my opinion. The problem people have is that they have heard, or know, how much markup is on the typical class A, it is not the same with truck conversions. The other problem is that some dealers need to retire off each coach they sell- gives everyone a bad name and hurts resale on those coaches purchased at retail or very close. I still think that RacingJunk.com is the best place to look for a used coach, surpassing National Dragster classifieds, which used to be the best place- but still very good.

Matt, good luck, I hope your military service turns out to be a good experience for you. I spent Desert Storm in Yuma training reservists, you'll probably think I'm nuts- I was wishing I was with the guys in my squadron that made it to Kuwait-

Bob
rjdhomes is offline   Reply With Quote