View Single Post
Old 04-29-2003, 03:33 PM   #12
clyoga

Does this site have enough room for what I went through with Heartland ( Old management ). Just about everything that they did I had to redo. I called and asked them if they had ever heard of teflon tape or thread sealer - leaks everywhere. I let them mount the roof ac's, they left the owners manual in two of them, didnt tighten the one up front down and when I came throught one of thosa Fla summer storms - I got soaked inside.

Enough about Heartland, the guy that owns it ( and runs it ) is Tom Curtis. He apologised for all that happened before. I actually let him list my coach to sell as a broker. This is a bad time to sell. Oct Through Feb is the best season. Yankee Snowbirds in FLA have the money to buy. At this time I have brought my Bus home to use through the summer, Im still gonna let tom market it via internet. soon as it sells Ill start the truck.

I plan to use the truck as a motorhome with a 40 k hitch and a large engine, 450 to 500 hp.

Ill let a converter build the box, install the tanks, jacks, gen, finish the outside so it will look finished fron the outside. Then well finish the interior ourselves.

If you would like to check it out go to www.heartlandbus.com look at coaches for sale and look at # 409 . It is the red bus on their conversions page and the picture of the shelled bus with the 10 Inch roof raise is the way it was delivered to me, thats my bus.

I should be easier to convert a truck body because the inside is reasonably square. Not like the rounded roof of a bus. Cabinets should be more straight forward to install. Also a bus floor slopes 3 inches from the rear to the front - another challenge.

Happy Converting

Steve
clyoga is offline   Reply With Quote