View Single Post
Old 02-22-2006, 07:11 AM   #9
Bear

Quote:
Originally posted by Themisfitking:
My bed is 10' long X 8' wide. The sides are 36" high with a deck height of 49". The WB is 197" The turning circle is much less then my F350 4X4. I haven't measured the overall length but it's about 2.5' longer then my F350 4X4 CC 8'bed, height is 10'8". FET, I paid cash for the truck and bed and bought the truck in another state. I agree with Gary, there is no comparison between a Volvo and a F650. I wouldn't get a 780 because of the height, but I heard Volvo is coming out with a 730 the length of a 780 sleeper with the height of a 630. Even that will add 16" of WB to the truck and I was focused on min. WB with the features I wanted. Build time at Herrin's was 5 weeks.
Thanks so much for your input. Pictures and dimensions have been sent to my fabricater and he is now putting together some numbers for me. This is going to be expensive but well worth it. I hope my truck comes out looking half as good as yours.
Cheers
Bear