View Single Post
Old 11-21-2010, 09:51 AM   #8
Dragonslayer140

James,

I use the wall mount Bard HVAC units on a lot of commercial buildings I design. They are available in a wide range of capacities, and can be ducted down the length of the trailer or free blow through the wall. The heat pump model will provide both heat and cooling, but is not very effective at heating in temps below the low 40's. If using in cold climates electric heat strips need to be added as an option, and that drives the power requirements up. 2 ton unit will use around 6kw for the heat pump + 4kw if you need the electric heat strips. My preference would be the Mitsubishi Mr.Slim mini split system. the outdoor unit is much smaller and could be mounted on the front of the trailer or possibly in a vented compartment. Refrigerant lines connect to a maximum of 4 small indoor wall mounted units (fit above a door or window nicely). big advantage of no ducting to squeeze in, and very quiet. You can set different temperatures for each area of the trailer, and power consumption is less then 3kw. biggest disadvantage is needing a hvac tech to connect and charge the refer lines.

Dave
Dragonslayer140 is offline   Reply With Quote