View Single Post
Old 11-30-2002, 02:46 PM   #1
challenger818

I am new to this Class 8 idea for RV's but I love the concept. I have been lurking for sometime and have a few questions for anyone who cares to answer them.

1. Why did you choose Volve's over other truck brands?

2. Most newer class 8's I've seen are powered by N-14 cummins with 370/435 horsepower, how do these compare to say a M11 on fuel milage and such? Also, why do these have 3 more litres then M11's but are rated for less power?

3. How much taller is say a 770 volve then a 610?
I really like the bigger sleeper's of 770's, T2000's and Century's but if it's going to limit RV parks then maybe I'll reconsider. For comparision, How tall is your Alfa Gold?

4. Since the AirRide's compensate for the load on them, is removing an axle nessary? Will it affect turning radius all that much?

5. Is an AutoShift transmission the same as a standard except for the computer shifting or are the built like automobile-type auto's?

6. Is it ok to tow say a Race car trailer behind a Class 8 registered as a motorhome?

Maybe my questions weren't so general after all. Sorry for the long winded post [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_redface.gif[/img] Just trying to get a handle on these new forms of RVing.

Keep the shiny side up
challenger818 is offline   Reply With Quote