View Single Post
Old 07-12-2006, 08:34 PM   #4
medent

Yes, bumper to back of cab is an important dimension, especially it used to be when everything started as a day cab and that dimension took away from pay load space; length limits were restrictive. I hope my misinformation has not caused anyone any trouble. In looking a lots of pictures on truckpaper.com it looks to me like one difference between FLD120 & FLD132 is the set back front axle in the FLD120, something like that 12 inch difference; from the front of the bumper to the back of the sleeper is essentially the same when the sleepers are the same but the front axle can be way up for maximum bridge dimension (frontmost to rearmost axles) or set back as is so common now and bridge dimension not used so restrictively in most states. The BBC dimension is harder to visualize when its not a day cab and sleepers can have various lengths (as well as heights). Yes, the FLCs have a wider cab than the FLD and it does not accommodate an exhaust stack right behind the doors like usually seen on FLD132 and sometimes on the FLD120. However, the interior cab layout on these Freightliners with a given sleeper dimension is very similar and is pretty driver friendly but not perfect.

medent
medent is offline   Reply With Quote