View Single Post
Old 07-25-2005, 11:20 PM   #18
KAYE RIVERCITY

....JEXCAR.....are you having a sensitive day?....Will this be over in a day or two?.....It's not personal with me-try not to get a rash or anything....you cater to showpeople so you have to glitz it because that is how they live. Build a high quality coach/unite and it speaks for itself! Production line unites built here in USA are being re-evaluated by insurance companies currently just as condos in Florida.....guess what is coming....many unites will not be able to be insured for that they are sold for-the owner is up-side down right out of the box-some are going to have to be 2nd mortaged...There is a movement for standards-but not RVMA standards coming-developed by the feds/insurance co's....major insurance companies are looking at their loss/risk numbers....which are climbing....last time I heard the average is a $15.00 per vehicle on the road per year...Ins. Co.s are a driving force in the RV industry wether we like it or not.....you can't drag/drive it down the highway without insurance or the fines and towing/confiscation runs into the thousands.....Also there is a little issue called Homeland Security fueling the movement also.....The rental truck industry is seeing a major security movement. States are now required to Check out CDL's and validate all drivers.....times are a changing and your market is getting competative which will certainially affect your bottom line....In the last 5 years we have seen a lot of converters open their doors-these people have built a lot of trailers/coaches and have a few bucks behind them....I don't know of any people on this list that are entertainers[not for sure] but your marketing could be aimed at non-entertaining persons-and IMO be more relevant and maybe increase your bottom line....afterall that is what it's all about....glad I struck a sensitive nerve.....whether I buy a unite from you or Randy Butler or Wildside in a few years. It is good to have a manufacture with the stones to stand his ground....'specially in todays PC climate.....sorry if you got your undies in a bunch......but we do need to liven up this board some.......geofkaye