View Single Post
Old 06-26-2006, 09:23 PM   #4
cjc

I have an 03 Showhauler and I had a shitload of problems with it. I'm out of warranty at this point and some of the problems are still occuring. Just as a for instance, the aluminum skins pop open at various locations and need to be reglued. I'm also continuing to fight an aluminum corrosion problem on the rear ends of the rig. It was blamed on inconsistent metal from their suppliers and wasn't warranteed. Nice, huh? After spending over $20,000 for a custom paint job. If I had to do it all over again, I would INSIST that when I return to Showhauler for warranty repair, that they give me detailed paperwork with regard to the repairs that were performed. I would refuse to take my motorhome back without repair receipts. They are nice people there, but they are still in business to make a buck and you need to protect yourself. They will always accommodate you promptly and take care of warranty work, however you might find yourself returning to their shop at your expense more than one time for the same repairs without the problems being resolved. They will tell you that they don't have any invoices for warranty repairs. In a worst case scenario, you might get stuck with a vehicle that qualifies as a lemon and without DETAILED invoices as to the mileage, date, problem, repair performed, etc., YOU will be S.O.L. when it comes to contacting an attorney and resolving your complaint. I've been there and know. My problems started the third day after I picked up my motorhome and the water pump crapped out. Ok, no big deal, but then a week later, I had a bad converter which shorted out both TV's, VCR, water heater pc board, CD player and almost caused the rig to go up in flames which in retrospect would have been the best situation, had the rig been outside in the driveway instead of inside the garage which is attached to my house. I don't want to put a damper on your enthusiam for your new rig, but I had to return to Indiana so many times that I got tired of hearing Lonnie tell me that in regard to my latest problem, "They had never heard of that happening before..." At this point, I have a somewhat happy marriage with my garage coach, but I'm always waiting for the next shoe to drop. I could tell you more, but I'm tired of typing. Good luck and make sure you get repair receipts no matter how hospitable they are to you.
cjc is offline   Reply With Quote