View Single Post
Old 02-23-2006, 03:53 AM   #5
Marc

Well I got to throw in my $.04 Cents of Lower Rear Opinion in here also.

I am not Real Smart to start with, Live in the Woods, Don't always do the right things, Have made and still am way to many mistakes, Not very well Educated and Thickheaded.

There are a lot of Companys and People out there that: Build, Modify, Stretch, Shortin, Add a Rear axle, Remove a Rear axle, Airride, No Airride, Airride on just one side, Auto Tranny, Manuel Tranny, Insulate, Don't Insulate, Use this, Use that, Front axle setback, No axle setback, Volvo vs Studabaker, Cat vs Cummins, Cabover vs Conventional, This is a Forum, And I don't know for sure BUT THE WORDS, "FORUM" & "OPINION" SOMEWHERE HAVE TO BE RELATED. In Europe, Cabover's Outnumber Conventional Cabs Three to One. Has anybody Drivin, Ridden In, Or even seen these trucks in person and not a Picture, But Dumb Fat & Happy Me ???? Yeah its a little scarey driven on the wrong side for the first couple miles. A good place to see Kick-Ass Cabovers is on some of the Yourapeein Truck Sites. And Volvo has a Nice Vidieo on there Global site that is nuthin butt COE's. The Cabover Stigma is outdated. The only two drawbacks IMO is Motor access and Connection/Seal/Mating of the Coach. Some of them have a flat floor no dogbox. And you do get better Forward Vision, Turning Radius, Nosebleeds, First one at the accident your involved in. Oh yeah it may be difficult for the Wasitline & Vertical Challenged to enter and exit from the cab doors, But you can go in & out the Coach sidedoor.