View Single Post
Old 07-22-2003, 12:50 PM   #4
Warpath

I like it! I float 95% of my shifts. Going up is no problem in most cases. But every so often you lose a gear and man that sucks. I was heading to Mid-Ohio Race Course this past weekend and I started out in 1st by mistake. I quickly lost the gears turning onto a pretty steep hill around a ton of traffic. Needless to say that sucked! Stopped on the hill and then I had to start in 1st, with the world giving you the finger. Also downshifts would be so much nicer with this unit. I usually will just free wheel to a stop, but when you are on back roads with hills, and the traffic in front of you is brake checking like total losers, man you are jumping around in gears and this would be a huge help.

I think I do have another issue with my trannie though. When it is still pretty cold it shift like a dream, but but some miles into it and it seems to be a mother to shift. It is like the window for a shift is so small that you have to be dead on, where when it is cold it is much more forgiving. I think I have to have the FL boys take a look at it soon.

James you need to add back up camera & GPS to that list.

2003 28' Show Hauler Motorhome on a 1995 FL 120 www.showhauler.com
Warpath is offline   Reply With Quote