View Single Post
Old 05-31-2003, 04:27 AM   #18
chuck

geoff et al

There is always spirited debate on the MAK publishing bus conversion board about all electric coaches. Beaware that when you start adding up all the parasitic loads the battery drains can get up there. Having said that.

Danfross compressors seem to the rage for saving electricity. Various refrigerators use them try www.backwoodssolar.com as a source, not sure I got the right number of s in their address. They know what they are talking about.

If you have read phred tinseths articles on all things electric and appliances you should do so, I keep copies of his articles in my rv as reference materials.

The webastos and espars are good, you can also pre heat engines on cold weather with them, do a search for marine suppliers and sometimes they sell compelte systems with toe kick heaters etc. There is a guy that sells complete systems for rvs and the crs has set in and I can't come up with his name, but will do so as soon as I sign off.

re diesel gen sets, they are not meant to be turned on and turned off quickly. i.e. hair curler syndrome. (do I have too explain hcs to you guys?).

re propane, I am still fat dumb and stupid (well two out of three) as I have heated my house with it, and use it in my rvs, not having had a problem with it.

to each his own.

When I remember the web site for the complete rv system will post it.

Chuck

PS Still haven't found a (*&&()^& side mirror for my Volvo, dumb, dumb, dumb.
chuck is offline   Reply With Quote