View Single Post
Old 08-31-2005, 09:12 AM   #10
WalliK

Wow.. I opened a can of worms there. Did not mean to say cabovers were better, only that over there thats the only thing they are using. So either they figured out a way to deal with all the issues we dont like on COE's, or they never drove conventionals and therefore dont know any better.
Looks scary to me too to drive around in these things on autobahn and be the very front thing in an accident.
How much space you gain? Well, how big is your nose..5 to 7 feet, but thats a lot if you have lengh limitations not as generous as here.
Oh, the 3 axles on trailer are single wheels only, not duals, thats how you come up with "12 wheeler", 6 on the tractor as spooner said, 6 on trailer.
I guess Freightliner tried the market here with the (Mercedes) Argosy and had no success, so i think that answers a lot of questions.

Conversions on COE? What conversions? Im sure they exist over there if you search really hard, but the bigest thing you usually see on the road are class C with maybe 26 ft total lengh or so...

Walter
WalliK is offline   Reply With Quote