View Single Post
Old 09-16-2005, 06:44 AM   #12
Wick

Bulvot,
I am in VA and have a 2006 Show Hauler. I think you can have Kingsley build a "shell" for you for $150,000 depending on length/options. They quoted me that price back in March. They will do as much or as little toward finishing the coach as yoou want.
It still seems far to pricey for what you get. I found Show Hauler to be very flexible on what we wanted and they allowed us to basically design the unit how we wanted. We were able to be involved the entire way. I would let the conversion cmpany you choose do all the wiring as it gets very difficult to do after the basics are built and completed. If you have a specific desire for conduit or wiring I am sure you can get it done yoour way.
One side note on your driveway. I have found the general overhang on a Kingsley to be a bit too much in some cases. You really need to check out all the specs before you start. I have seen a racer's Kingsley bottom out gong into his drive before he lowered the slope. He put large skid plates on the underside at the back to help keep the damage down.
My unit is 83+ feet and so far no trouble with the "law". The last conversion(2003 Show Hauler) was a few feet shorter and I never got stopped with that one. We travel all over the country and all the DOT people we talk to say that they do not look at "us" at all.
Get out and see other conversions and talk to the owners to see what they like/dislike about each kind.

Wick
Wick is offline   Reply With Quote