View Single Post
Old 08-31-2003, 07:10 PM   #108
Patrick

I'm back! 1000 miles, drove 862 of them in one shot without fatigue!! Average MPG 11.2. I averaged 11.6 until I set the cruise at 75 instead of 70. Angie and Jeff at Hickory really went the extra mile to make sure everything was 100%, even had my rear tires balanced. There are many things about the truck and conversion that were far nicer than I had expected. The truck has a 3 stage radar system that notifies you when you are getting close to anything (adjustable up to about 100') which is very nice in crazy traffic. The engine has a 2 gallon reserve oil resevior that is plumbed into the engine. With the flip of a ball valve you can watch oil dispense through the site tube. The TV and VCR/DVD are top notch Toshiba. The stereo is a Sony 52x4 watt. The microwave is a 1200w Dometic. These were all much higher quality than I expected. There is a switch to allow the alternator to charge the coach batteries. The generator has a CAT engine instead of the Kubota I expected. There is an electric element in the hot water tank...didn't expect that. I'm sure I'm forgetting something so I'll have another update soon!!
Patrick is offline   Reply With Quote