View Single Post
Old 12-29-2005, 08:39 PM   #4
Onegreatsteak

Good to know someone else is in the neighborhood.

My ideal truck would be 400+ Hp. and at the moment a 10 or 13 speed, that could change according to opinions I hear, price and bargains I find. I plan to stretch the chassis, how much is up to change according to what I learn, but I would like a good size living area.

I have a good shop and welder. I rebuilt the 6.5 diesel in my pickup and other motors over the years plus a couple of transmissions.

I have been looking at truck trader online to get an idea of what is available. I will probably get something older than most and work with that.

I have a friend that drives OTR for a living but he is new at it and has not driven many combinations of drive trains yet. I mostly need to know what drive-train combinations to eliminate. I can probably change one component but all three "engine,transmission,rear-end ratio" means I better find another truck. Also some transmissions are probably easier to live with than others. Some engines more efficient easier to service, find parts than others.

I have found some opinions on some of these but the transmission and rear-end ratio combination I need to learn more about. This will be a long term project probably starting after I complete getting my house ready to sell and head for more wide open places.
Onegreatsteak is offline   Reply With Quote