Thread: Kingsley
View Single Post
Old 03-13-2005, 07:08 PM   #11
Elburn Bill

Blue Skies,

The answer is yes and no. They use a box built to their specs by Thor Industries while PowerHouse uses Teton Homes. The difference is that Kingsley physically attaches the box and the cab while PowerHouse uses a rubber boot and a fairing on the outside. To say standard MH construction is very misleading. For starters what is "standard MH construction"??? WarPath very much likes how Show Hauler builds their coaches. You would have to ask him what details he likes over the rest. I know Kingsley uses thicker steel cross members and lower box frame mebers than anybody.

I know this since I toured Kibbi, Trendsetter, ShowHauler, NRC, Haulmark, and Kingsley prior to purchasing mine. I spent anywhere from 4 hours to 3 days at each location. When it came down to it I wanted a floorplan and some options that only Kingsley could build. The biggest being a full height cab to box jucntion. I did not like the smaller cut out that everyone (except Kingsley and PowerHouse) use. I also did not want a cab over bunk. At the time everyone used only Freightliner or Sterling chassis. I wanted a Volvo. There where several other reasons for my decision but ultimately it is up to you and your needs.