View Single Post
Old 02-24-2005, 07:55 AM   #6
Warpath

Today's Update

Blown Head Gasket!

Well D&K fixed a few things that needed repair and on the way over to Becks discovered another issue. Brought it back to the shop and found the motor had a blown head gasket.

So we probably are looking at a weeks set back.

I guess it's better it was found now versus later.

On another note I spoke to Nathan about the rigs he has with front axle air ride and the Allison auto in the Columbia chassis. He said that that air ride really smooths out the ride and gives the conversion a pusher like ride, definitely a must for the guy coming from say a American Dream and is use to a plush ride. He also loves the Allison auto, he said it is so smooth versus the Meritor manual/auto, definitely something to look into if your not pulling a huge trailer.

I ran my last rig with Broc's add-a-ride air-ride on the front axle and that definitely smoothed out the ride. The thing I did not like was that it raised the ride height of the whole front end. This is not a big priority on the new one, but I at least have a baseline to work off of and if the ride is real rough may look into adding it again. This time I will make note of the ride height and make sure that does not change.

Bill