View Single Post
Old 09-25-2005, 07:43 PM   #14
Profmcmillen

Reply to Wick
I looked at the pix on the link... "Awesome" to quote my 16yr old. That is just the kind of rig I want 40 feet but with a garage about 18 feet long in the back. Who built that? What does a rig like that cost to build?
That is a great Gallery of photos. I have some ideas of layouts I'd like to run by you for comment.

In addition I have some new questions.
1. How does the rig handle in cross winds or storms?
2. How do you secure the contents of the cupboards from sliding around?
3. Are there good and bad choices for Kitchen appliances, & washer/driers?
4. How do you make sure the water you fill up the tanks with is pure and not contaminated?
5. Where do you dump waste tanks on the road?
6. Are there maps or navigation programs that will warn you of roads which might be dangerous due to the camber or elevation changes?
7. How do you tell if the road you are traveling has any low over crossings or other obstructions which might hit the top of the rig?
8. Are there any books or data bases which tell you what parts of a city to avoid for crime and where you can overnight park safely?
9. What are the optimal Chassis/engine/transmission choices?
10. The Freightliners I see on the web seem to have Mercedes Benz engines. If you want a Cummins or CAT or Detroit are those options available?
11. What kind of fuel mileage does a rig like this get?
12. Is it possible to have 360 degree cameras to see sides and back while driving and for security at night?
13. Are there any license restrictions when you have air brakes and Jake brakes?
14. Where can I go to try to see if I can handle a rig like this?
15. How do you keep the windshield clean on these rigs?

Thanks for all your input.

Michael McMillen