View Single Post
Old 04-21-2003, 08:39 AM   #6
Warpath

Patrick -

Thanks for the brochure link. I have some concerns about their construction and I will say this before starting, I am not bashing, discrediting, or in anyway saying Haulmark builds less than a good rig. I have not crawled around one yet to say it is good or bad.

But from the info I see here are my concerns. they are basically using traditional motorhome(TM's) building techniques. Now that is not entirely bad, but one of the reasons I went with a truck conversion was to get away from some of the problems TM's have. Roof is 24" oc and the walls maybe even further out. So the very thin gel coat with luan backing is going to take a lot of chassis flex. In my last motorhome which had a similiar construction, you knew you where on the road. Cabinets vibrated on the wall, TV about bounced out of it's enclosure, and walking on the roof gave me the willies. The one thing I see is that with walls and roof structure that are 24" oc or better, how are they securely fixing cabinets that are solid wood and very heavy?

A truck conversion has weight carry capacity unlike a TM, so why are they going to such a light weight construction? Truck conversion companies need to be going the other way, and that is overkill! The cab and chassis are over built and so should the conversion.

I will say that the easy entry cab is very cool. Just be sure to climb all over that thing and check everything out, and again keep us posted.

Bill

2003 28' Show Hauler Motorhome on a 1995 FL 120 www.showhauler.com
Warpath is offline   Reply With Quote