View Single Post
Old 04-08-2006, 06:23 AM   #9
Warpath

From the day I picked this one up, I knew something had to be up with this motor. I have a buddy running the Cat 330hp/860tq in a similar size rig close to same rear end gear and he would pull me easy on any hill.

I finally got around to looking into upping the hp to 330 and that is when W.W. Williams found out it was only the 280 hp motor. The way the Mercedes 926 7.2 liter works is they have 4 horsepower ratings 250/280 & 300/330. The 250 & 280 share the exact same components and the only difference is a ECU program change. When you move up to the 300/330 it shares everything that the lower version has but has a larger turbo, injectors, fuel pump & maybe a few other small components. Again just a ECU program change between the 300 & 330.

I will say the Mercedes is a good motor and now knowing I was only at 280, I can't wait to see what this motor will do at 330! Should be a awesome setup.

I think I have seen Brian doing another program for Speed, maybe Monster Jam?? I really wish Speed would take Koster, Travers and even Gouldy and us em for the the SX series. I think OLN picked up the MX series so i need to switch out my Dish network to Direct TV since they do not carry OLN. And there is no way I am going to miss Outdoors this year.

I ran my first conversion through Kevin at Concept Haulers, awesome to work with. Georgia facility? Is that the Millsaps? Can't wait to see Davey on a fourfiddy outdoors, maybe tough to keep up with the GOAT and Bubba though.

Will you be running the #295 ? Whose 250 will you be running? I always like to root for someone I have chatted with.

I have ridden since I was 6 years old, never got competitive other than a GNC. Back about 4 years ago I was riding my DRZ400 at my brothers woods track and hit a boogie creek crossing wide open and the back tire hit a submerged rock which kick the back of the bike up so hard it exploded my L7 vertebrae. That was the end of the fun for me. Being laid up for 6 months made me get rid of most of the fast toys and poke around tamer 4 wheelers and sleds. The price you pay for getting old and sitting at a desk all day.

Keep us posted on the rig and the riding and stay safe!