View Single Post
Old 10-23-2004, 09:54 AM   #11

warpath

I was looking at your new floorplan and there is something you might want to think about. It may not seem like that big a deal but in certain situations it might be a problem.

Look at the direction and position of the toilet. If you ever suffer a knee problem, especially something like a torn ACL, you need the toilet in a position so that you can sit on it with your leg fully extended. With a torn ACL or similar problems that reguire knee surgery it can be weeks, even a few months, before you can bend your knee.

I went through five manufacturers of truck conversions in the Elkhart area, including Showhauler, in May. I loked at a lot of floorplans. The best solution I saw, without taking up any extra floorspace, was to face the toilet towards the door. Then if necessary the door can be left open so that your leg can be kept straight.

My son tore his ACL and after watching the problems that he had with basic everyday things, because he could not bend his knee, it made me much more aware of this kind of thing.