View Single Post
Old 04-27-2006, 12:09 AM   #1
medent

Once again, following Tim H's story on another forum, I found insurance at www.progressiveinsurance.com so I got all the paper work together and went down to register my 2002 KW T2000 as a private truck as Tim did his Volvo in Texas. No Go. I wanted to get this bare truck registered non-commercial, drive it home to Texas from Illinois and drive it around to interview the stretch & conversion shops to make a rv-garage rig. My Texas folks want to see a picture showing the "private" truck. Without even a pickup box and a photo to show it, I would have to go to Texas DOT and register it commercial. Also, with that big sleeper cab, it would have to go commercial unless I cut it off. Could register as a motor home but the work has to be all done with photos to show it. I'm not there yet, just want to get there. Solution? Go to www.bennettlawofficepc in Missoula, MT as referred to by Elburn Bill in still another forum. In about a week I can have my registration and plates as a motor home and start driving around. Paint NOT FOR HIRE instead of DOT info on the side and I'm ready to roll. Will that work?

These forums are the greatest. Keep talking it up.

medent in Texas
medent is offline   Reply With Quote