View Single Post
Old 03-28-2005, 11:48 AM   #22
Jerry Carlson

In response to the continued attempts to sabotage Kingsley Coach recently by the person identified on this site as "Kingsley Owner", I feel I can no longer remain silent as I am privy to many of the facts and details that are being completely misrepresented by this individual, while he chooses to remain anonymous rather that put his name behind what he is saying.

My name is Jerry Carlson and I have been involved with Kingsley COach, Inc. since its inception. I am currently the head of production and am very proud of what we do and what we build. Normally I wouldn't take the time to respond to accusations like this but the truth has become so twisted, and with so many of you who are interested in truck conversions reading his postings, I feel I have no choice. If after reading this you have any questions or comments, you can reach me at 800-445-2918. I'll be happy to talk to any of you.

1. The person using the screen name "Kingsley Owner" is Marco Lanza from Wellington, Florida. His phone numbers are 561-762-6828 OR 561-791-9666.

2. Marco purchased a low budget, starter coach in a garage model from Kingsley in 1999. While similar in appearance and a great value, it is certainly not our top of the line custom coach.

3. Prior to his purchase, Marco visited our plant, viewed existing Kingsleys of similar construction, spoke to other owners and was in my opinion, very educated and well informed.

4. Immediately after Marco received his coach, he changed the entire interior, added a bedroom and made numerous electrical modifications to the coach himself.

5. Marco turned in a claim to his insurance company that, to my knowledge, conveniently paid him more that he paid us for the coach initially.

6. Never before or after has there been any other Kingsley Coach with a similar situation.

7. After receiving the insurance payment, Marco wanted another Kingsley.

8. Approximately last November, Marco called Kingsley and offered to come and work at Kingsley as part of the management team, in exchange for stock only. Kingsley was interested in exploring the possibility and invited Marco to come to our facility in Minnesota.

9. Over the next 3 months Marco spent some time, off & on, viewing production,studying financial records, becoming involved with customers and vendors etc...

10. Marco said he loved what we were doing, he loved our products and wanted to be involved. But instead of working for a minor stock position, he wanted to take over as CEO in exchange for travel, some expenses, a 20% profit share every year and 11 million shares of stock, which would be a controlling position. As if this were not enough, he also wanted a brand new, top of the line coach built for him, at our cost.

11. Negotiations deteriorated as he kept attempting to improve his position, simply for stepping in as CEO.

12. Kingsley told him that this woulod not be in the best interests of Kingsley or its shareholders. He became angry and left. For a couple of weeks, he wouldn't answer or return numerous calls from Kingsley Coach.

13. Marco then attempted to invoice kingsley for over $50,000.00 to pay for his negotiations. He billed for some of his expenses and wanted $2,000.00 per day for his time. Prior to this invoice, paying him for negotiations was never discussed. Kingsley offered to pay for some of his expenses, however, Kingsley would not pay his arbitrary $2,000.00 per day number so, he became angrier.

14. Now, in my opinion, he is making this anonymous attempt to slander and Libel Kingsley Coach, Inc. simply because he did not succeed in his attempt to take over.

As I stated above, normally I wouldn't take the time to respond to what I consider the rantings and ravings of a very disgruntled and misguided person but as you can see, there is a lot more to the story, so to speak.

Please feel free to call me if I can answer any questions for you about Kingsley Coach or stop by and take a look for yourselves. You are always welcome.

Jerry Carlson
800-445-2918