Thread: 4X4 HDT
View Single Post
Old 04-09-2006, 10:12 PM   #13
KAYE RIVERCITY

....since I just left Fort Knox [-the recycling business-] this evening, I can tell you that we sell 12,000# 4X4 axels for $750 [you pick up] and rear axels 20,000# for $400......I remembered to ask!.....[The Alzys are getting better!]....anyway there are used unites from 2.5 ton and 5 ton trucks....there are some 22.5 ton axels but I can't find them[air brakes]......you need to modify the brake systems from hydraulic to air/disc on the 2.5 ton.... air is standard on the rest [it's akit you buy from someone] and custom make some driveshafts....BUT most have less than 5000 miles on them.....everything else must be made custom to work....but we can sell every unite we can cut off the trucks.....shippping is a PIA but when we have a truck load we call the vendors and they send a tractor trailer within a week for pick-up......lot of guys use them for monster trucks-jeeps for off road and rock crawlers and of course farm truck/swampers conversion....6:21 to 1 in most cases but regearing is no biggie if you can use a dial indicator...Rockwell parts are very easy to get now.....changing for 10 lug is easy also if you can drill on center and can measure.....all of the 5 ton unites have 10 lug hubs and fit standard rims...available refinished for $25.00....hubs are from a guy in NewYork[Inter-agency Motor Pool] for about $500 and are Selec-tracks....I have a pair just for sh*ts and giggles.....they work rather well.....geofkaye