Thread: Fun stuff
View Single Post
Old 02-27-2003, 05:21 PM   #7
OLDphoneman

Location: https://community.webshots.com/photo/93826746/94091929JnrVfF

Yea -- But Larry ........ Speedo only goes to 80 -- I've Had Ol Red past that already(Once!!) Just to say I've burried it ... :^)

Mileage -- 13.44 MPG !! Bobtail from SLC to Florence !!
Secret: Keep the Rev's LOW -- keep speed down and use the cruze control and don't stop -- Just keep Rollin !!

I'm used to a "bit more power" though -- I'm also used to pulling 105,000 with an 8 axle tractor/trailer ...... So things are somewhat different -- like mileage -- try 4.75 MPG -- Ug ......

Thats why I keep thinking of massaging mine -- Cummins site says I can take it to 500 HP and 1550 Ft Pounds ...... Early on -- I called 2 Cummins Shop's and asked about this -- Never got a diffinitative answer -- or cost ..... Most likely injectors/turbo and ECM flash. But -- This leads to other problems -- MORE soot -- sure glad I got a smooth sided 5th wheel !! EGT's and mileage would change to .......

Coming home this last trip -- there is one hill that I did drop 1 mile per hour 65 to 64 ....... 2nd time I've gone over this hill loaded -- but this time ... the gear oils were not hot yet. I'll attribute the loss to this ........ but it did start me to think about POWER Again !!

Well -- Ol Red is all polished -- and It's going to rain tomorrow night -- guess I'll leave it in the shop -- and take the Outback to the RV show Saturday -- I'm not comfortable in that car .. but -- I'm not ready to polish her twice in 2 - weeks either !!

Tootles ......

OLDphoneman
OLDphoneman is offline   Reply With Quote