View Single Post
Old 04-10-2006, 04:10 PM   #4
Marc

I really did not want to add my $.02 on this subject but I truly cannot help myself.

#1) Comparing a Custom Conversion on a REAL Truck to a "Cookie Cutter" Motorhome is Like Apples & Oranges. You cannot even speak about the two (2) completely differant vehicles in the same sentence, In reality you cannot even put them on the same page of the same book.

#2) Why in the hell is anyone worried about what kind of profit margin anyone is making??? I do not belive ANYONE on this site has any idea at all on what it takes in costs to operate a First Class Custom Shop. In Owning and Running a sucessfull private enterprise if you do not know what the exact cost to even put the key in the door and turn the lights on you will be out of business in less then six(6)
months.

#3) 500% Mark-Up!!!! Come on and get real,Kaye I enjoy reading your posts and do belive you are a very intelligent man with a lot of experience and respect a lot of what you have to say. BUT DAMN MAN YOU DONT KNOW EVERYTHING ABOUT EVERYTHING. If you did why in GODS name are you wasting your time and life on 3-4
websites that deal with this industry.Why dont you spend 2-3 million for a facility and tool it up to build these conversions the right way and in a year show me the 500% mark-up

#4) When the dust settles it all boils down to the HAVES AND THE HAVE NOTS!!!!! THE BOTTOM LINE HERE IS IF YOU WANNA PLAY YOU GOTTA PAY. YOUR IN OR YOUR OUT. ITS THE SAME AS ONLY BEING A LITTLE PREGNENT.

Talk about getting off of topic. OK I Am Finished Now. This was no doubt more then $.02