View Single Post
Old 03-05-2006, 04:40 PM   #19
Elburn Bill

Quote:
Originally posted by WalliK:
Bill... interesting what they told you in the email as on their webpage they say: "Our tilting cab system comes as standard at no extra cost. "

Guess they have different ways.

Also they mention they built on Mercedes and MAN chassis, but the pics show Scania and DAF (the smaller one). So I guess they built on anything.

I thought the Argosy here in the states is the same as in Europe. Did not know there were differences between them. I think its Mercedes's bestselling truck over there, from what I could see on the freeways on my last visit.
I had actually emailed several of the coach companies in the UK that buile these. The one that has replied, it was a Sat night afterall, gave me the info I posted. I have now looked at 12-13 of these horse lorry companies. They range from the very basic to the very extravagant. Some of them even say that they have shipped truck to the US. I am trying to get ahold of these companies to see how the import was handled.

All European vehicles have slightly different bumper heights and some other specs than their US brothers/sisters. You may be right about the Argosy...do you know which model it is in the MB European lineup?

Marc,

Can you send me the plans you are referring to? I would be very interested in seeing them.