View Single Post
Old 01-09-2006, 07:10 PM   #1
Skippermeow

This past summer, finding my wife and self newly re-located from the Denver area to Central IL we purchased our first motor home- our sales man corrected me several times referring to the vehicle as a motor coach (with on his part a bit of added snobery). Motor home or Motor coach we have really enjoyed our trips through out the mid-west.

The freedom to up-root on weekends and explore different areas has been very pleasing. To say nothing of what it has done by helping us meet new friends since we didn't know anyone in this part of the country.

Now that the new has worn off, we are finding some small wear and tear items we would like to update- restore prior to getting of for the 2006 season.

As I contemplate my retirement several years from now, I am thinking of my hobbies and avocations- one of which is restoring antique and special interest automobiles for the past 40 years. Another is building custom wood furnishings and cabinets.

Is anyone aware of a shop offering a remodel- update service for RV's any-where in the mid-west. I'm not talking the Prevost variety for bus shells, but a good honest automotive trim shop to do couches, chairs, wall paper, floor carpets etc, along with an occasional cabinet door replacement or other small cabinetry job.

Seems to me it would be an incredible business for someone if I could take in my 10 year coach and get a quality 1 stop update.

We looked at new coaches this winter that feature new window valances, carpet, hardwood floors, new bedspread and headboard, But honestly, we have all those features, without the payment, we just want an update to our present coach to reflect something similar- newer.

Any ideas where something like this exists, or is this something I start as a retirement business?

Ideas anyone??
Skippermeow is offline   Reply With Quote