View Single Post
Old 09-09-2005, 05:20 AM   #1
Hancock Racing

This truck started as an International Navistar and is powered by a Cummins M11 that is currently rated at 375 hp. The truck is set up with a Spicer 9 speed transmission that we would very much like to convert to some type of auto-shift.

We have been drag racing as a hobby for the past 16 years and it seems each year we accumulate more stuff, and need more room. I felt that the dually and 48' trailer loaded was just a little on the unsafe side so we decided to begin this project.

We will be posting pictures of our changes and additions here and hope that we can get sound and trustworthy responses from the many people that visit this site. Everyone here has been very polite and answered all of my questions promptly thus far.

Keep an eye on this page as we will be updating pictures of our toter regularly. I am a granite distributor and will be doing the complete shower surround in all granite as well as possibly the countertops as well. The truck has hardwood floors, and most of the entertainment center and other cabinets are birch and painted with the advertised paint for kid's rooms. (It supposedly wipes down easier) We chose to paint and use mostly white as it makes the truck look a little roomier inside.

The Toterhome includes or will include the following options when completed in the next month.
20" Stereo Television and small fold down flat screen in sleeping berth
Complete Bose Stereo and Surround System
DVD / VCR
Complete Dell Computer Station with the entire options package including DVD burner
Double recliner LazyBoy sofa with slide out sleeping area underneath
Refrigerator / Freezer
Microwave and Slide out outdoor grilling station
Step tub shower pan with full granite surround with Lexan entry door
Fluorescent Overhead lighting
SS sink
100 gallon fresh water tank
100 gallon gray water tank
No Black Tank Using a portable marine unit
(I have heard many horror stories about dumping black tanks and most tracks have restroom facilities anyway)

We are just about finished with our first conversion. All of the plumbing is done with the exception of installing the holding tanks. The shower has been installed and I am waiting on the granite to get here so that we can complete that area of the truck.

This is not the nicest conversion out there but we feel that what we have in the truck and Wildside stacker trailer we couldn't have done any better for the same money. It is perfect for the sportsman racer like myself and is nice to have at the races. We can carry our race car and a golf cart in the loft as well as a hotel car downstairs and a 4 wheeler up front so it is a great setup for racing. I hope that you guys enjoy the pictures and thanks for the great website.

Thanks for everyone's help and advice.
Hancock Racing is offline   Reply With Quote