View Single Post
Old 10-25-2004, 10:59 AM   #10
Warpath

Alan -

The reason why we are going with the M2-106 is because of the cab dimensions. We wanted something that was as compact as possible. Giving us a shorter wheel base, shorter overal length, and a big bunk over the cab.

The 4400 is very close in size & price, but we have a FL dealer near by to do service so we stuck with the FL. The Pete cab matches more with the Columbia and out of those 2 I would have gone with the Columbia. But your length with increase by about 2 ft and the overhead bunk is unusable for anyone other than kids.

I see you are in Colorado and mountain driving maybe a common occurrence for you. In that case you may want to look at more motor, and intern will be forced into a chassis that can handle it. The problem then becomes either less living space or a longer unit.

As the RV segment of this market evolves, people are going to really do some soul searching to determine what is most important. How much living space do you want, how much power, versus how much maneuverability. I have seen a number of these conversion running 45' long and a RV'er is going to have a tough time getting in & out of standard type campgrounds. RV'ers tow cars and with a car in tow you can't back up if you over shoot a corner in one of these monsters. Believe me I have had it happen a number of times and it sucks.

Bill