View Single Post
Old 08-11-2003, 08:36 PM   #1
Jim Gehlen

OK Folks, As I feel partially responsible for creating this class 7 converted Volvo's interest back in March/April of 1999, I think that a national rally would be the best event we could have to answer questions, see what everyone has done and create a few more of the best towing rigs (IMHO).

I have been in contact with Kenny Doonan in Wichita, KS and we are now in the planning mode.
Kenny has stated that he would be able to put on a few seminars and has new equipment that he could demonstrate that do a complete safety analysis of the truck (s). There could be tours of aircraft manufacturing plants, science building in Wichita and numerous other tours.

I will also try to have a representative from corporate Volvo in Greensboro, NC put his two cents in also.

What we need to do is come out with a month/day/yr to have this and all the time considering the weather in Kansas.

We are leaning towards September of 04 as a possible month as most workampers are headed for warmer climes and all the holidays are over for a couple of months.

What we need to have to make this happen is a count of potential attendees, dates when they could make it, and suggestions to incorporate.

I am willing to act as wagonmaster for this event and will come up with costs/campground/events.

Please reply to me at JGehlen538@aol.com with

1. Would/will you attend?

2. Is Wichita convienent.

3. What time of year is best?

We will be leaving South Dakota on Sept 4 and will be out of e-mail until about Sept 25 when we will be in Las Vegas.
Jim Gehlen is offline   Reply With Quote