View Single Post
Old 10-21-2004, 07:19 AM   #3
Warpath

Alan -

No this is not a in stock truck. Just a FYI; Show Hauler does not handle truck chassis at all so you would need to procure your truck yourself or through a dealer.

This truck was configured by Beck's Custom Coach. Nathan used his experience in conversions to put together a chassis spec that would have a reasonable cost, but would have all of the little things most buyers would want. Turn around for a chassis is about 30 days.

As for the motor, as mentioned before with the M2-106 chassis, the limiting factor is the radiator. I am sure that the motor manufactures are putting in a margin of error, but they are saying the max motor size for the 1,000 sq/in radiator is 300 hp, 860 ft/lbs of torque. Could modifications be made to the cooling system & the motor to get more ponies, I am sure, but from what I have read & heard this motor hp & torque will be just fine for 90% of my travel. I tell you how it goes in March, which is when we will probably get the RV and put our first trip in to Florida.