View Single Post
Old 02-10-2010, 06:39 AM   #7
blizzardND

I was at a RV show 2 weekends ago, there are some very, Very VERY good bargains on almost new pull type units right now. I saw a lower roofed 24' unit 2008 model that looked like a holdover or used a couple times before returned. under 8 grand. I could have put that on the back of my GMC 6500 and put big under box tool boxes all along the bottom, sheeted the lower with Stainless Steel and it would not only looked great, but it would've saved me a year construction time and $40,000 dollars!

Before you do any thing, go to racing junk, there are some older units that still have a lot of life left in them, they just need some TLC. They would serve you very well, and you could be roofing rather than working on your RV.

These things get very expensive very fast. Read Ran St. Clair's logs here on the forum, he is very intelligent fellow, and I'm sure if you ask him what he budgeted, and what he has spent, he'll be the first to tell ya, "damn! I missed my budget way more than I ever expected."

My build has almost doubled what I budgeted, and there is a whole lot of discounted surplus RV stuff in it and lots of heavily discounted parts I bought from clients and family. It's still way over.

I really feel the need to tell folks this not to scare anyone but to inform them.

-blizz