View Single Post
Old 04-19-2010, 05:26 PM   #4
Bob86ZZ4

That's great, Gene. Hay, what about some pictures of how your car is strapped in? I don't remember if you put the straps around your tires or hooked them into the frame or frame tie down hooks somewhere? How about your mileage? I just got back from Omaha. 764 miles round trip. Went there for the weekend. I left St. Paul with full tanks. Stopped once on the way down to urinate. Stopped once on the way back about 50 miles south of St. Paul and filled the tanks. 77 gallons. I set the cruise about 67-68 mph the entire way. Rpm showing about 1450, hard to say for sure by my guage but about that it looks like. Ran the generator about half of the time. 9.8 mpg is what I got. I didn't get passed by any rv's or trailer pullers. I passed a whole bunch of them. That means I won, as far as I'm concerned. My four passengers loved the ride. I love the drive. None of my riders was a satisfactory driver to take the helm this time. Truck Conversions rule!