Thread: Wall Slide
View Single Post
Old 02-26-2010, 06:01 AM   #6
Bob86ZZ4

Geof, what do you think about putting a slide in? Hahahahahaah. I was not keen on buying a coach with a slide. I prefer simple things that don't break down or add weight. I bought my rig used and everything else about it was perfect so I had to buy it even tho it has a slide. My slide is a small one, just the sofa goes out. We put 8k miles on last summer. Ran the slide out tons of times. I lubed the screws once with JB80 (maybe I should have done that a couple more times?). It's never failed. Doesn't mean it won't, it likely will fail at some point. It has a manual crank just in case. I always travel with a very good set of tools, the best way to ward off mechanical issues on the road. Just like taking an umbrella so it won't rain. My 32' Allegro gas class A that I had for 5 years before my t/c had no slides. I'm glad I've now got a slide, it makes the living room roomier. I'd sure not be too interested in one of those super long slides tho. I'm guessing twice as long would be like 8 times more likely to act up.