View Single Post
Old 05-08-2009, 06:31 AM   #5
mmmc101

Cameron...I too am building a conversion on a W900 Kenworth and want to install a slide to accomadate a 72 inch sleeper sofa. I have been unable to find any "under construction" type pictures of the slide mechanisms and installation.I did find two companies that manufacture and sell slide assy's or glide-outs as they call them. The first company advised me to have my "Engineering Dept" send them the drawings and they would see what they could do.The other company, Liftco inc was very helpfull.(liftcoinc.com) They sent me literature on all of their products. I did not realize there were that many types of slides! Depending on size,est weight,above/below the floor mounting and other factors determines which unit is the best for your application. I have spoken with the Liftco folks several times and they have always been very friendly and informative even when I was asking "dumb questions". I did go to a large RV salvage yard and found a unit that would fit my needs.It was in rough condition and did not have the drive unit for $1000. That seemed to high for one that would require a total rebuild. I crawled under,around and thru every new RV on numerous RV lots. Not very informative as you cannot see enough of the slideout assy. I have decided to buy one from Liftco once I figure out which unit will work best for me. (Assuming the price isn't way out of line as I have not priced them yet)If you find any pictures of under construction slides,post them to this site. I am sure we are not the only ones trying to do this. I am new to this website as well and it has been very helpful.They don't mind "dumb questions" either. Michael
mmmc101 is offline   Reply With Quote