View Single Post
Old 03-06-2010, 12:14 PM   #1
Eskimo

We're not ready to buy, but it was at the local dealer as a demo, so I figured why not.. It was basically this one: http://www.haulmarkmotorcoach....tor-home/model24cmh/

1- Wifey said it was kinda noisy in the bedroom going down the road - I'm guessing it was tire noise/axle noise? Is that common, or more related to THIS particular coach being more on the "economy" end, and having less sound deadening?
2- Leaf spring, straight axle front end.. wasn't a BAD ride, but it would be better with full air ride? Is front air ride uncommon in the HDT's?
3- Has a Bigfoot leveling system, but the sales guy was making a big deal about it being 4 separate motors instead of a central motor with hydraulic lines running to the jacks.. is that really a big deal?
4- It didn't have an inverter at all, which would bug the heck out of me having to run the genset just to make coffee or use the microwave, since about 1/2 the places we go don't have RV hookups. Am I being picky? is a 1500 watt unit sufficient?
5- Do showers have to be taken in "bursts" with the small hot water heaters in a RV? I can revert back to my old Army showers if needed, but after a day of off-roading in the woods, a nice hot shower is a major selling point...

Any/all input on this is appreciated.