Thread: U-Haul into RV
View Single Post
Old 06-17-2009, 07:38 AM   #13
Bob86ZZ4

My stove is a two burner gas unit. It's mounted below the counter top surface. I think they call it a "drop down" type or something. It's made for r.v. installations. It has a piece of countertop that fits in to fully cover the cook unit and create countertop. It works great. My rig doesn't have a vent hood but there is a Fantastic fan vent directly in the roof above it. I put one of those rain covers on that so it can be used when going down the road or in the rain. I also have a convection/micro mounted above the stove. The nice thing about using the roof fan for exhaust is that it will also draw out the heat emitted by the convection oven. Convection ovens emit tons more heat than a standard microwave. A hood mounted below the oven wouldn't work as well to draw that heat out. A side benefit of the drop down stove covered with the piece of countertop is that it makes it quieter. The stove/oven in my old unit was very loud and rattly goind down the road.