View Single Post
Old 04-05-2009, 10:40 PM   #15
Roadside

HI New to your site. Short back ground: 11 years ago, started personal traveling.I used what I had, to see if a HD could be used to travel and live in, to see if it would work out.So I used a three axel tractor with a 8x12 (living space), and pulled a 26(L)x102"x12(H) box trailer. Traveled coast to coast and mid west twice a year, work just fine. I needed more room , so in 02 I put, what I use now, a three axel newer tractor, 35ft.HDM and pull the trailer on the road. The last three years we haven't. traveled quite as much, but we get out.
NOW... connex for a trailer... I've thought about that...weight was a problem, and next the size... 8ft. inside, and 8ft. 6 " out with steel outer covering. The numbers were to much. I wanted a low floor(18") off the groung. Things I came up with: A commerical boat trailer, two or three axel with 10x20, singal wheel and build a box or conex on that frame. They are made on a fifth wheel or tag pull models. OR Dorcey Trailer Company back in 1987 to 1989 built a moving van trailer, three axel,10x20, singel wheel with a low froor. And I think there was a commerical open 8 car trailer the same way, that a box could be built on.
I found a Kntuckey Trailer 28 ft. dubble drop, air ride, moving van, that will work for me. I been making plans for a lay out. It will not be for living.. for car and other toys, I'm not leaving with out them. Take a conex or trailer and maket it the way you want it, so it will last. The highways are tuff on equiptment, if you travel alot. Be happy to pass any info that worked or not worked for me. If you set it up yourself, then you can fix it. I like the slide out on the conex. ROB
Roadside is offline   Reply With Quote