View Single Post
Old 06-06-2004, 12:38 PM   #6
OLDphoneman

Location: https://community.webshots.com/photo/93826746/94091929JnrVfF

Geof --

Sorry -- Been out of town for 2 days. Went to Salem, Or to visit relatives and went to the Salem Carousel. Great place:

www.salemcarousel.org

Ok -- Now on to your problem.

For one of many reasons -- I chose TruckGen for my auxilary generator. It uses a seperate electric HVAC underbunk unit. Here's a direct transcript:

Electric under-bunk unit has 9,000 Btu's cold air with 1100 watts of heat strips. Weighs 75 Lbs. The evaporator coils are in the front view shown to re-circulate cab air, with the condenser and shroud located at the very back. Fresh air is brought in from the bottom through a duct in the sleeper floor. The cold air is vented through its own ducts and bezels that point upwards. This unit will fit in almost any under-bunk storage area.

Height -- 12 3/4"
Width -- 21 7/8"
depth -- 17 7/8" (23 1/8" with shroud) If inst.

Frigette Truck Climate Systems
1200 W. Risinger Road
Fort Worth, TX 76134
817-293-5313

TruckGen has a great flyer with pictures -- Their flyer number 72120. To bad -- This information is not on their Web Site !!

The unit fits in the center section under the bunk. Mine is just sitting there -- As I've not cut the hole in the floor yet. Maybe this year !!

The unit also comes with a digital wall thermostat that can be mounted anywhere. Also all ducting -- Both flexible and rigid (Need to see the pictures!!).

This unit is specifically designed for Class 8 Tractors and no fabrication is required.

Simply install and hookup the AC source from your Onan !!

Now -- Dancing Girls ...... I'll start with One -- Considering my age ......... :^)

Tootles .......

Dave
OLDphoneman is offline   Reply With Quote