View Single Post
Old 06-28-2010, 12:06 PM   #5
Ran D. St. Clair

Bob,

I'm not hiding... Yes my truck has swing out (up) side doors that I turned into awnings. In my case it was just a matter of reconfiguring the gas struts so they didn't open past horizontal. I ended up using a telescoping tube with a pin lock arrangement on one side and the gas strut on the other. I also closed in the wall behind the doors, so they are no longer doors, just awnings.

Yes, keyword stealth will get you the pictures. There are only a few of the awnings though. It does show a close up of the screw latches I made. I don't think there is a closeup of the gas strut or the locking telescoping strut. I could add one if it helps.

I think RealMoparDan's case is more complex. He has to make th doors from scratch. In my case, they were already there.

One thing I would consider. The folks inside the truck, even if sitting down, are quite high with respect to the folks standing on the ground outside the truck. It might make for an awkward customer interface. Not impossible, but a little odd.
Ran D. St. Clair is offline   Reply With Quote