Thread: New Member
View Single Post
Old 07-07-2010, 10:05 AM   #1
Chill Travelers

Hi All,

I am new to the forum at the invitation of Bob866ZZ4. I have been trying to start something on other forums like FMCA because I could not seem to find like minded freaks until now.

This all started when I attended the FMCA convention and was told by a number of "Class A Only" RV resorts that were exhibiting. It started to make me angry that resort after resort said no to us. One salesperson said, "If you have a hood, you do not stay here!" As a former Class-A owner, I did not realize that there was segregation going on. So, when we went to the other-side and turned away a few times, it started to really irritate me. Since we rarely stay in these resorts, but use them only to wind down after a hard business cycle, I found it way too offing.

We traveled many years in a Class A Monaco. As our business forced us on the road full-time, we looked to replace our tired coach. We finally discovered ShowHauler and made the move to the smart side late in 2008.

We had ShowHauler custom build our motor home on a Freightliner Cascadia with a DD15 motor. It is part office and living quarters for us. Most of our travel is west of the Rockies and the new coach takes the hill and travels with ease.

I am a geek, so I hope to help out with computer and communication issues people have.

There is a story about our build on our blog at http://www.chilltravelers.com/chill/?p=1415 Please feel free to cruise around our blog.

Glad I have been introduced to all of you and I plan to tell a couple of my friends with big hoods about the forum.