View Single Post
Old 05-26-2010, 08:48 AM   #1
Bob86ZZ4

Sometimes I park my coach on the street in front of my house. It's not the widest street. I had an extra 2" l.e.d. clearance light after replacing all of mine (I either counted wrong or they gave me one too many?). So, I had a great idea to cut a extra hole on the back near the left side and mount the light there. Then I wired it into the battery box back there with a switch so I could turn it on at night. Figured it would help keep cars from getting too close when they drive by. Then after checking it out in the dark I decided it would be better to make it blink. I bought an electronic turn signal flasher at O'Reilly Auto Parts. The light doesn't draw enough amperage to make it flash. The flasher is kind of weakly clicking like it's trying to flash. I hooked up one of the old 2" clearance lights (non-l.e.d.) and it flashes great. But, I want to only use that one l.e.d. so I can leave it run all night, maybe for a few nights, without running down the batteries. Anybody know of a flasher that will flash for such a light (excuse the pun) load? I may just add a 4" round l.e.d. light and wire the flasher to that too, the clearance light portion, and that should make it flash but don't know if that might use too much juice? I searched around on Radio Shack's site but couldn't find anything.