View Single Post
Old 10-24-2009, 10:44 AM   #4
Radman

I am in sync with what you say. I am looking at 5 years to second retirement based on the economy. We went ahead and built the our truck just before things crashed and it has turned out to be our best investment. Looking back we should have build a lot more truck because it would still have a value to us unlike the retirment account.

I have a nice document that tracks how we designed and built our truck over the last few years. If you want to have a read and check it outI would be happy to share it with you. Send me your email at jdradman@earthlink.net and I will send it over to you.

We are using ours as a fun hauler / race truck. We have a garage low in the back where we keep the bikes and a bedroom overhead. We bought the HDT for many of the same reasons you mentioned. We like to go out west and up into the mountains to hike and ride. The more traditional class A coaches werent that well suited for the extended highway duty over and into the mountains. The T2000 doesnt even breathe hard during this duty.

Rad