View Single Post
Old 05-26-2009, 09:02 PM   #2
Bob86ZZ4

I worked on my rig today but forgot to bring my camera. I found a sticker on the frame that says, "Glide Out Room United" and shows the manufacturer is Liftco, Inc., 24076 Ready Drive, Elkhart Lake, Ind. It looks like there is a metal plug on the side of the slide near the front edge. I found a metal crank type bar in the storage bin. Similar to what you might use to operate a scissor jack. It looks like if I pulled that plug out I could possibly insert that wrench and operate the screws manually. It looks like the two screws are linked together by a long shaft that runs between them. I'm wondering if there is some way to disconnect the electric motor from the gears tho. I didn't have time to get under the sofa and look at that motor closely to see if there is some sort of disconnect. Also wondering if there is any maintenance I should do to this? Do those long screws need lube? The slide seals against the side of the rig when slid in by a large black rubber or vinyl type of seal. Looks like maybe I should lube/clean that with something like silicone on a rag or Armor All?

I did send a e-mail to Liftco asking if they had any literature for me but thought maybe somebody here might have some insight for me. Thanks!