View Single Post
Old 04-03-2009, 08:17 PM   #12
geofkaye

.....OK-YOU HAVE GIVEN ME A PROBLEM TO TACKLE....4 trips to Ky and back 150 miles each way this week....8.6 mpg at 70mph+or- most of the way....today's fuel was $2.129 a gallon-Blackstone evaluation for $15.00 maybe 3 times a year....insurance is $502 a year for this year....2 washings a year exterior at $25.00 each....engine oil change is 12 gallons at $12.05 per gallon and filters cost me $6.50 each for both oil and fuel and I use maybe 3 sets of each a year.....windshield wiper fluid is $2.50 a gallon for Rain-X and I use a case[6] per truck a year....spray DE-Icier is $79 cents a can and I use a case in the winter so that is times 24 or about $20.00... about.....fluid for anything else is not an issue[less than a pint at most] radiator fluid is $10.00 a gallon and I might use a full gallon over the course of a year.....I change out radiator juice only every 5 years......I do change the filter on the radiator at about $10.00 with a filter that has the concentrate blocks in it. I use the dipsticks to evaluate the pH....another $10.00 maybe now. I have new tires so that doesn't charge the account anything....alignment isn't an issue unless I see something strange start happening and then off it goes to John's Spring Service in Fairfield at about $150.00.....I've only had one alignment so far since 2003, when I got the tractor, and it was included in the deal with Freightliner Frank.....grease is something I do-so you are talking $3.50 for a tube of Red Grease from Rotanium.....other than that there is very little to do except drive.....1998 Volvo 610 Mid Roof N-14 super ten speed with 3.58's..10 each -11:00X22.5 Generals Tires...I got it with 248,000 one one odo and a replacement odo with 345,000 and a computer thrown in which was out of another yard wreck-I got: new hood-new radiator and air cooler-water pump and fan-bumper- hood shocks-Front End Shocks and with a 100,000 mile warranty from Freightliner Frank and access to wholesale prices from a parts dealer and access to the "THE REVEREND RANDY" for repairs at dealer cost [$64 and hour] Tires at dealer cost at BEST TIRE and some good friends thrown in which I consider more valuable and fun than a truck. anyway...It has worked out better and better every year for what I use if for......geofkaye.....BTW....maybe 20-30,000 miles a year-I have too much fun to care anyway......
geofkaye is offline   Reply With Quote